No matter which graduation course you have done, MBA is that one master course which will admit you. There is an evergreen craze for this master’s degree among millennials and it has swiftly transcended to Gen Z. The famed lucrative salary packages and the overall general grooming which the course offers while training managers are the 2 key reasons behind this. However, very few people know that an MBA is just 1 course in a basket full of master management courses which have similar things to offer, for example, a PGDM.
Courses like MBA, PGDM, MMS, etc. offer similar skills to students, though they differ in some aspects. While an MBA is more concept oriented, a PGDM course relies more on skill training through applied work. The Post Graduate Diploma in Management is gaining popularity lately as students discover about this course, which has multiple avenues to offer to students. Students from various graduation backgrounds like Engineering, Law and even Medical nowadays are looking for such master management courses.
In this article, we discuss everything about the PGDM course and how it can boost your career, no matter from which stream you are. The table below gives key insights in a crisp manner about this course.
|Course Level||Masters Diploma|
|Specializations Offered||Marketing, Finance, Accountancy, Forest Management, Sustainability, Digital Marketing, Data Analytics, Supply Chain Management, Operations, Banking, Human Resources, etc.|
|Eligibility||Graduation degree in any discipline.|
|Average Fees||₹5-7 lakh for the entire course|
|Colleges in India||XLRI Jamshedpur, IIFM Bhopal, SPJIMR Mumbai, Narsee Monjee Mumbai, MDI Gurgaon, etc.|
|Top Recruiters||Amazon, BYJU’s, JP Morgan, Deloitte, KPMG, EY, ICICI Bank, Morgan Stanley, RBS Bank, etc.|
|Job Roles||Accounts Manager, Business Development Manager, Sustainability Manager, Supply Chain Head, Design Thinking Expert, etc.|
|Average Salary Package||₹8,04,000, as stated by payscale.com|
Why to Join a PGDM Course?
Though there is a never ending craze when it comes to pursuing master management degree courses like PGDM, you should not follow this blindly. We are listing some key reasons belo why people choose these courses. Analyze them thoroughly, align with your career goals and then only plan about whether you should go for a PGDM course or not.
- A Post Graduate Diploma in Management offers rigorous training through applied work, industry visits, workshops, etc., focusing more on practical knowledge.
- This course is available in various colleges of India and is also offered online through popular websites like Simplilearn, Cousera, Udemy, etc. Many of these websites also collaborate with popular B schools. For example, Simplilearn has partnered with Jagdish Sheth School of Management for its online PGDM program.
- PGDM courses have full recognition by competent authorities just like an MBA course and come with multiple specializations. Lately, they have also been offering new-gen specializations like Digital Marketing and Data Analytics.
- Compared to other master degrees, management courses like PGDM have the highest average salary figures. The job opportunities and number of recruiters are also better than average of all courses.
- With top MNCs recruiting, there are high chances of going abroad for your work role.
- Management courses like PGDM focus on general skills grooming, thus making you capable of working in various kinds of roles and working environments.
Also Read: Touring Mid-Western Canada in Autumn
Which are the Top PGDM Specializations?
The table below lists the best specializations of PGDM to opt for in the current time.
|Supply Chain Management||Forestry Management|
|International Business||Foreign Trade|
|Digital Marketing||Data Analytics|
|Personal Relations (PR)||Entrepreneurship|
|Actuarial Science||Travel and Tourism|
|Biotechnology Management||Event Management|
What are the Job Options after a PGDM Course?
Master management courses are popular for the job roles they offer to candidates. Listed below are some of the best career roles after the PGDM course along with what they demand.
- Finance Manager: They oversee the complete financing of the company, including the investment decisions. Finance Managers manage the capital structure of an organization, seek fundings, and keep a check on where all the money is going. They are responsible for managing resources of an organization and suggest decisions which lead to an overall growth.
- Accounts Manager: Accounts Managers look after the balances and payments. They maintain various kinds of ledgers, income statements and also prepare the annual financial statements for a company. These professionals also look after employee concerns and seek investments.
- Operations Manager: Managing all the complex operations on a day-to-day basis, operation managers look after the overall company strategy. They overlook all the tasks being performed, perform training and manage all the quality assurance programs.
- HR Manager: One of the most familiar job profiles, HR managers are majorly responsible for hiring employees and conducting initial training sessions for them. Their responsibilities also extend to maintaining good relations between employees and senior management, catering to concerns of organization members, organizing various activities, and keeping up the employee morale.
- Design Thinking Consultant: An emerging concept, design thinking is the approach which helps you to develop a solution which is best suitable for a scenario. For this, the approach makes use of concepts like Empathize, Understand, Ideate and Prototype. The consultants understand the grassroot problems, challenges existing, and then develop a solution. This solution (prototype) is tested and modifications are made accordingly, if required. After all the testing, the final product/concept is released for the larger audience.
It is not possible to cover all the roles in such a detailed manner. Some other roles have been listed in the table in the beginning of this article. The table below lists these roles along with the average salary package they fetch.
|Job Profile||Average Salary Package|
|Business Development Manager||₹6,02,000|
|Design Thinking Consultant||₹15,20,000|
|Supply Chain Manager||₹8,94,000|
|Digital Marketing Manager||₹5,49,000|
PGDM is a course with growing popularity and offers a really amazing career to outstanding students. The best part is that anyone with any kind of graduation degree can pursue this course. If you have also completed your graduation, considering a PGDM course can indeed be a life changing decision. We have provided the best information, but since this course is so wide, do more research and make your decision carefully.