For any SME, developing and launching a business website is an amazing experience, but it can also feel intimidating. Often, it appears as though there are only two options: pay for the services of a web design professional or complete the task yourself and spend valuable time and effort.
Fortunately, there is a third option. Website design packages for small businesses are gaining popularity, which is quite beneficial for small business owners. It could be the best strategy to establish your brand online and boost your online presence without incurring high costs.
Website design packages fall between employing a do-it-yourself, point-and-click website builder and engaging the services of a web designer to develop your online presence from the ground up. Envision a web design package as the online equivalent of self-assembly furniture. You will receive all of the necessary components for your business website. All that remains is to load it with valuable content.
Website design packages include a multitude of distinct templates. Whichever option you end up choosing and whether this concept is suitable for your business is determined by your niche. Discuss your goals with your team and use this guide as a reference.
Why would you want to use a website design package?
Purchasing a web design package is frequently less expensive than collaborating with a website design company or freelancer to create your business website from scratch. A web design package will be more than enough if your specifications are quite straightforward. Additionally, web design packages are a cost-effective approach to get your brand online in a quicker way.
What qualities define good website design packages for small businesses?
Packages for web design come in an array of shapes and sizes. The value of these packages is subjective – it is determined by your expectations of such a service. Naturally, there are a handful of aspects to consider.
The first and most crucial consideration is website ownership. When buying a web package, always verify that it contains the right to a URL and any associated content. You may still be required to pay a hosting charge; this is normal. Never, however, agree to a web package that gives the developer rights to the site’s content. This would make switching to a different web package nearly impossible in the future.
Following that, examine the site design work’s quality. Even if you are utilizing a web design package, you will want to make your site stand out. Check the provider’s portfolio and request examples of websites created using previously bought packages.
Next, determine what your financial outlay can afford. Some packages may appear to be really cheap at first glance, but upon closer examination, you will realize why – they contain very little as standard, thus, have less value. A noteworthy web design package will include logo creation, local SEO optimization, and linking a site on social media to boost presence, among other things. These services may be included in the price or could be charged separately. Ascertain that you make an investment with an open mind regarding the true expense.
Finally, a well-designed website will be simple to edit and can be modified as needed. All websites require an audit and makeover on a regular basis. Make sure that the package permits you to do the spring cleaning with the least amount of trouble possible.
What criteria should a business owner consider when selecting website design packages for small businesses?
It is easy to become overwhelmed by the sheer variety of choices and alternatives while browsing for a website design package. While a web design package eliminates the requirement for technical skills, you will still face numerous personal decisions.
The following criteria should be considered when determining which website design package is best for you.
- What type of website do you plan on creating, and, also, how many pages will it contain? These are essential issues that must be addressed prior to contacting an agency.
- What will the cost of the package be – and will there be any additional payments for additional services? Avoid being caught off guard and finding yourself in need of unforeseen resources to make a website functional.
- Who is the owner of the website and its URL, and who is in charge of its maintenance? If the package provider includes care and assistance, ascertain that they can be trusted to respond immediately to any issues.
- Is the site design package responsive to mobile devices? This is a non-negotiable in today’s environment, even more so in the aftermath of Google’s famed ‘Mobilegeddon’ algorithm upgrade.
- Will the website be integrated with the social media presence of your business? If not, you are setting yourself up for a lot of future work.
How To Identify A Substandard Website Design Package
Regrettably, when conducting business, you will constantly come across opportunists. Web design packages are no exception. Due to this business model’s increasing popularity, subpar packages are made available.
Prior to entering into any arrangement, make certain you ask the following crucial questions of any provider. Among these inquiries are the following:
- After you acquire a web design package, who will now own the website and its content? If it is not you, immediately leave. If you will become the owner of the website but require a lease on the URL, tread carefully. This may complicate future rebranding efforts.
- What background does the web design package’s creator have in your niche or industry? Are they aware of the expectations and desires of your target audience?
- What assurances do you have that the web design package creator is really committed to maintaining your site? Only consent to this agreement if you have struct guarantees in place, such as fixing any unanticipated downtime within a reasonable timescale.
- Is the package capable of displaying photos and video without impairing the package’s load time or aesthetic quality? Otherwise, your Google page ranking will drop.
- Can you add additional pages as needed? You are going to establish a website in the hopes that it would result in business growth. Ascertain that you will not be fined for your accomplishment.
- Will the website design package be integrated with SEO to ensure that your site is featured in all relevant search engine directories? Otherwise, you are going to have a difficult time generating organic traffic.